South Star Drug is one of the largest drugstore chains in the Philippines. Since 1937, it has carried a wide range of prescription and over-the-counter pharmaceutical products, and a variety of food, personal care and health and wellness items. South Star Drug operates several store concepts from stand-alone dedicated pharmacies to stores inside supermarkets and pharmacies with self-service convenience sections.
South Star Drug was founded by the Dy family in Naga City more than 75 years ago. From a humble mom-and-pop business, the company is now one of the country's Top 500 Corporations. South Star Drug recently acquired Chavez Pharmacy, a drugstore chain in Batangas. Commencing operations in 1975, Chavez Pharmacy now has seven stores. The acquisition will allow Robinsons Retail to further expand and strengthen its drug store business.
To become the drugstore of choice in Service, Trust, Accessibility and Responsibility.
We do more than just selling products and services. We strive to touch lives today with the hope of making a difference in our customers lives tomorrow. This is our commitment to our customers.
- Reliability ‐ It is providing the kind of health care service tailor-fitted to the needs of the community, and being a part of the community itself.
- Ethics ‐ It stands for doing what is right even in the face of insurmountable difficulty. It is about cherishing the honor of being true and true to your word.
- Accommodating ‐ It stands for doing what is right even in the face of insurmountable difficulty. It is about cherishing the honor of being true and true to your word.
- Concern ‐ It goes a step further than simply taking genuine interest in the plight of others. It is making them know you care and you are committing to help.
- Team-Spirit ‐ It is the celebration of being a part of something greater. It means unity.